Saturday, November 5, 2011

Storm reveal new logo, uniforms

The Tampa Bay Storm revealed the team's new brand on Saturday at Storm Fest at the Forum. The official press release about the new look discusses some of the inspiration behind the changes. A photo gallery of the event and a look at some of the players modeling the new uniform can be found here.

As for my opinon on the new look, I'd say I'm satisfied. I do like how they essentially stuck with a modernized version of the traditional word mark, although the "Eye of the Storm" rather reminds me of the Carolina Hurricanes. I also think it's interesting how they incorporated Tampa Bay Blue - the same color of the Lightning's logo and uniforms, who are owned by the same group and play in the same arena. I think my main problem with the uniforms is how they went away from the traditional sharp gold helmet with the word mark in favor of the blue helmet with the circular storm logo. It creates an almost overkill of the blue, especially in the home set. I would also like to see a set of gold or white pants to be used as an alternate, but I'm always one for having options as far as a uniform goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment